As formulated with its unique blend of inorganic mineral wool aggregate and cement binders, CAFCO HEAT-SHIELD offers a combination of features not found in any other spray-applied thermal / acoustical product.
CAFCO HEAT-SHIELD provides superior thermal properties for application to steel panels, concrete slab construction, underside of roof decks and where condensation control is required, or when as much as an R-20 thermal value is required.
- Unique dual purpose product combines noise reduction with thermal insulation.
- Provides a “k” factor of 0.26 at 75˚ F (0.037 W/m•K at 24˚ C). This converts to an “R” factor of 3.85 per inch of material per ASTM C518.
- High recycled content (90% pre-consumer) and other environmentally friendly characteristics provide significant LEED credits.
- Inorganic material formulation does not promote mold or fungal growth.
- In addition to its thermal properties, HEAT-SHIELD is also effective as an acoustical treatment with noise reduction coefficient ratings (NRC) up to 1.05.
- Low pressure, pneumatic spray application equipment requires less manpower to operate.
Technical Data Sheet