ISOLATEK Type® 3000 is an ultra high strength, gypsum based wet mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) designed to meet the current International Building Code (IBC) minimum bond strength of 1,000 psf for buildings over 420 ft. in height.
As a commercial density, high bond product, ISOLATEK Type 3000 provides superior fire resistive performance per unit thickness and is the most cost efficient solution for the fireproofing of high rise structures. This, combined with its ES (EXTENDED SET) counterpart, makes ISOLATEK Type 3000 the most productive and economical SFRM for building heights in excess of 420 ft.
- Meets IBC bond strength requirements for buildings over 420 feet in height.
- Cost efficient – high yield.
- Exceptional fire resistance performance per unit thickness.
- Evaluated for fire resistance for up to 4 hours and classified by UL.
- ISOLATEK Type 3000 ES (EXTENDED SET) counterpart eliminates the need for daily wash-out and priming of pump and hoses, resulting in increased productivity.
Designed to provide up to 4 hour ratings for various floor and roof deck assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists in commercial high rise construction projects.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, ISOLATEK Type® 300 HS has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
- Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL Classification Mark
- Evaluation Service Report
- Major Specification and Approval Compliance
Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 537°C (1000°F) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 1093°C (2000°F) after a period of up to 4 hours.
ISOLATEK Type 3000 is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with ANSI/ UL263 and is listed within various UL Designs. ISOLATEK Type 3000 has also been evaluated in accordance with BS476: Part 21: 1987 for periods up to 4 hours on beams and columns which is listed within a Warrington assessment report.
UL Classification Mark
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
Major Specification and Approval Compliance
ISOLATEK Type 3000 complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- MasterSpec®, Section 078100 Applied Fireproofing (AIA)
- MasterFormat® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC,CSI)
- Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00 Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
- Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (VA)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
- PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM’s)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||MasterSpec® Performance Requirements||ISOLATEK Type® 3000|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread: 10 or less
Smoke Developed: 0
|Density||ASTM E605||240 kg/m3 (15 pcf)||288 kg/m3 (18 pcf)|
|Cohesion / Adhesion (Bond Strength)||ASTM E736||47.9 kPa (1,000 psf )||71.8 kPa (>1,500 psf)|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||68.9 kPa (1,440 psf)||311.2 kPa (>6,500 psf)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||Max. 0.025 g/ft.2||0.000 g/m2 (0.000 g/ft.2)|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days||Zero Growth After 28 days|
*Based on independent laboratory tests under controlled conditions.