Effective Date: 03/22/19
1.Who Collects Your Information On Our Website?
We do. Under the GDPR, Isolatek is what is known as the “Controller” of the Personal Data that you provide to us. We collect information from you on the Website, and we are responsible for protection of your information.
2.What Information Does Isolatek Collect?
- Requested Information. On the Website’s Contact Us page, we request specific Personally identifiable information (PII) about you, including your name, email address and phone number, in order to provide you with a response to any questions you may have concerning our products. We only collect basic personal data about you that does not include any special types of information (e.g., health-related) as defined in the GDPR, or location-based information. The types of personal information we collect and save include:
- Contact information such as name, email address, phone number, and business name;
- Information you provide such as questions or comments for our sales department and technical departments that you input through the Website; and
- Technical information collected in our logs. Such information may include standard web log entries that contain your IP address and page URLs.
3.Why Is My Information Being Collected?
We need to collect your personal information so that we can respond to your requests for information. We collect log information for monitoring purposes to help us to diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Website, and calculate usage levels.
4.How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
Responding To Your Inquiries and Fulfilling Your Requests. We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests for information.
- Contact information such as name, email address, phone number, and business name;
- Communicating With You About Our Company. We may use your PII to send you information about our products that may be of interest to you.
5.Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We will not share your personal information except: (a) for the purposes for which you provided it; (b) with your consent; (c) as may be required by law (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request); (d) as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from injury (e.g., when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (e) on a confidential basis with persons or organizations with whom we contract to carry out internal site operations. With your knowledge and consent, we may share your personal information with our licensed product manufacturers if you are interested in purchasing products in a region of the world handled by one of our licensed product manufacturers. Finally, we may transfer your personal information to our successor-in-interest in the event of an acquisition, sale, merger or bankruptcy..
6.How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
- After receiving your personal information, we will store it on our Website servers for future use. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information (e.g., strong encryption), we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our service providers’ systems.
- If you are visiting the Website from outside of the USA, you understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the USA, and the information you provide will be securely stored in our web servers and internal systems located within the USA.
- We store personal information for as long as reasonably required for its purpose. We store your personal information until you request us to remove it from our files. We store our logs and other technical records indefinitely.
- To enhance your online experience with us, our web pages may presently or in the future use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that our web server may place on your hard disk to store your preferences. We may use session, first-party and third-party cookies. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other PII unless you choose to provide this information to us. Once you choose to provide PII, however, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with as much control as you wish as to the decision to accept/reject the cookie, and deletion of the cookie upon leaving our Website. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Website.
- Isolatek or our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” “embedded links” and other commonly-used information-gathering tools in connection with some Isolatek Website pages and HTML-formatted email messages. We use these tools for such purposes as, among other things, compiling aggregate statistics about website usage and response rates. A pixel tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to website visitors and may be associated with cookies on visitors’ hard drives. Pixel tags allow us and our service providers to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website, to deliver customized services, and to help determine the effectiveness of our Website. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, pixel tags can inform the sender of the email whether and when the email has been opened.
- As you use the Internet, you leave a trail of electronic information at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can reveal the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Isolatek Website. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-personally identifiable information to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate through the Website, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. We will only use this information to improve our Website.
8.Collection of Information by Others
We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws including the GDPR, USA Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting personal information from minors. Please see the FTC’s website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. If you have concerns about this Website or its services, wish to find out if your child has accessed our Website or submitted information to us via the Website’s “Contact Isolatek” page, or wish to remove your child’s personal information from our servers, please contact us at email@example.com. Our Website will not knowingly accept personal information from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws, without consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided PII to us without parental consent, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information in accordance with the COPPA. If you believe that your child under 13 has gained access to our Website without your permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9.Children and Young People’s Information
The Website contains certain third party websites to which we may provide links, and that you may click on our Website. Please check the privacy policies of these other websites to learn how they collect, use, store and share information that you may submit to them or that they collect.
10.California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents to request information regarding our disclosures in the prior calendar year, if any, of their PII to third parties. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with “Request for Privacy Information” in the subject line. Please include enough detail for us to locate your file; at a minimum, your name, email, and username, if any. We will attempt to provide you with the requested information within thirty (30) days of receipt. We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year, or requests submitted to an address other than the one posted in this notice. Please note that this law does not cover all information sharing. Our disclosure only includes information covered by the law.
11.Changes to this Policy
12.Our Contact Information
Copyright © United States Mineral Products Company d/b/a Isolatek International 2019. All rights reserved. The Website is the property of Isolatek International, and is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Website, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors, and designs.