ISOLATEK® Type 300 SB is a low density, Wet Mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) that is virtually identical to ISOLATEK Type 300, specifically designed to provide fire protection in retrofit commercial construction projects.
With its light green colour and superior overall fire protection performance, ISOLATEK Type 300 SB is an easily identified, cost effective solution for spray-back fire protection to various floor and roof assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists.
- ISOLATEK Type 300 SB provides all of the benefits of ISOLATEK Type 300, with the addition of an easily identified light green tint to indicate its use in Retrofit construction applications.
- Meets or exceeds all major fire protection specifications for Commercial structures including ANSI/UL 263, ASTM E119, and CAN/ULC-S101.
- Offers LEED building credits for recycled content.
- Exceeds industry in-place physical performance standards.
Designed to provide fire protection in retrofit applications for up to 4 hour ratings to various floor and roof deck assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists in commercial construction projects.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, ISOLATEK® Type 300 SB has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
- Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL Classification Mark
- New York City Materials and Equipment Acceptance (MEA)
- Evaluation Service Report
- Major Specification and Approval Compliance
Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 537°C (1000°F) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 1093°C (2000°F) after a period of up to 4 hours.
ISOLATEK Type 300 SB is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with the cellulosic fire test and is listed within various UL Designs.
UL Classification Mark
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
New York City Materials and Equipment Acceptance (MEA)
An MEA Number is the number assigned to a product that has been approved for use in New York City by the MEA Division. ISOLATEK Type 300 SB (CAFCO 300 SB in the Americas) has been reviewed and MEA numbers have been assigned.
The MEA division regulates “certain materials and equipment (that) require Department of Buildings acceptance.” These manufactured items affect public safety, health and welfare (including structural stability and fire safety) and are usually a permanent part of a building.
Major Specification and Approval Compliance
ISOLATEK Type 300 SB complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- MasterSpec®, Section 078100 Applied Fireproofing (AIA)
- MasterFormat® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC,CSI)
- Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00 Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
- Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (VA)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
- PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM’s)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||MasterSpec® Performance Requirements||ISOLATEK® Type 300 SB|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread: 10 or less
Smoke Developed: 0
|Density||ASTM E605||240 kg/m3 (15 pcf)||240 kg/m3 (15 pcf)|
|Cohesion / Adhesion (Bond Strength)||ASTM E736||7.2 kPa (150 psf)||19.4 kPa (406 psf)|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||68.9 kPa (1,440 psf)||158.5 kPa (3,311 psf)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||Max. 0.025 g/ft.2||0.000 g/m2 (0.000 g/ft.2)|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days||Zero Growth After 28 days|
|Cone Calorimeter||ASTM E1354||No Flaming or Heat Release||No Flaming or Heat Release|
|Sound Absorption||ASTM C423||0.50 NRC 25 mm (1″) on deck and beam|
|Thermal Properties||ASTM C518||Conductivity[k] – 0.078 W/m•K @ 24oC
(0.54 BTU in/hr ft2 oF @ 75oF)Resistance [R/inch]-1.85
*Based on independent laboratory tests under controlled conditions.