ISOLATEK Type® 300 HS offers architects the option of specifying a Commercial Density product to meet the current IBC® SFRM minimum bond strength requirement of 430 psf for building heights ranging from 75′ to 420′.
ISOLATEK Type 300 HS is a gypsum-based, Wet Mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material specifically designed to provide high bond strength along with exceptional cost-effective thermal performance.
In addition to providing industry leading thermal and physical performance advantages, ISOLATEK Type 300 HS also acts as a thermal insulator and is particularly effective reducing heat loss when applied to the underside of a roof deck. The added R-value can contribute to a reduction in roof insulation.
- Meets or exceeds all major fire protection specifications for Commercial structures including ANSI/ UL 263, ASTM E119, CAN/ULC-S101.
- Provides up to 4 hour fire resistance ratings.
- Meets Section 403.2.4 of the IBC High Rise Building requirement for minimum bond strength.
- Offers the highest bond strength in the commercial density category.
- Offers cost effective fire resistance performance.
- Exceeds industry in-place physical performance standards.
- Offers LEED building credits for recycled content.
- Its additional family of products (ISOLATEK Type® 300 ES and ISOLATEK Type® 300 SB) provides specific benefits such as eliminating the need for daily priming and flushing out of lines, increased physical properties, and easily identified tint for retrofit applications.
Designed to provide fire protection for up to 4 hour ratings for various floor and roof deck assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists in commercial construction projects.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, ISOLATEK Type® 300 HS has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
- Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL Classification Mark
- Major Specification and Approval Compliance
Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 537°C (1000°F) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 1093°C (2000°F) after a period of up to 4 hours.
ISOLATEK Type 300 HS is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with ANSI/ UL263 and is listed within various UL Designs.
UL Classification Mark
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
Major Specification and Approval Compliance
ISOLATEK Type 300 HS complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- MasterSpec®, Section 078100 Applied Fireproofing (AIA)
- MasterFormat® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC,CSI)
- Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00 Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
- Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (VA)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
- PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRMs)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||MasterSpec® Performance Requirements||ISOLATEK Type® 300 HS|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread: 10 or less
Smoke Developed: 0
|Density||ASTM E605||240 kg/m3 (15 pcf)||280 kg/m3 (17.5 pcf)|
|Cohesion / Adhesion (Bond Strength)||ASTM E736||20.6 kPa (430 psf)||23.9 kPa (>500 psf)|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||68.9 kPa (1,440 psf)||167.6 kPa (>3,500 psf)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||Max. 0.025 g/ft.2||0.000 g/m2 (0.000 g/ft.2)|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days||Zero Growth After 28 days|
|Cone Calorimeter||ASTM E1354||No Flaming or Heat Release||No Flaming or Heat Release|
|Sound Absorption||ASTM C423||0.50 NRC 1″ (25 mm) on deck and beam|
|Thermal Properties||ASTM C518||Conductivity[k] – 0.581 BTU in/hr ft2 oF @ 75oF
(0.0838 W/m•K @ 24oC)Resistance [R/inch]-1.83
*Based on independent laboratory tests under controlled conditions.