CAFCO® 3000 ES is a gypsum based, Wet Mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material that is designed to allow the material to remain in the hose up to 72 hours (such as overnight or over the weekend) without the need to purge with water. This improves job site productivity by reducing both wash-out and start up times when used in conjunction with CAFCO® 3000.
CAFCO 3000 ES’s physical properties, combined with superior fire resistive performance and application efficiencies, make it the ideal choice for high rise structures with time sensitive deadlines.
- CAFCO 3000 ES provides all of the benefits of CAFCO 3000, along with the elimination of washout and reduced start up times, thus increasing productivity.
- Exceeds industry in-place physical performance standards.
- Offers LEED building credits for recycled content.
- Its light red color provides an easily identifiable marker to clearly indicate its use.
Designed for use in conjunction with CAFCO 3000 to provide delayed set time, thereby allowing slurry to remain in the hose for up to 72 hours.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, CAFCO® 3000 ES has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
- Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL Classification Mark
- Evaluation Service Report
- Major Specification and Approval Compliance
Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 1000°F (537°C) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 2000°F (1093°C) after a period of up to 4 hours.
CAFCO 3000 ES is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with the cellulosic fire test and is listed within various UL Designs.
UL Classification Mark
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
Major Specification and Approval Compliance
CAFCO 3000 ES complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- MasterSpec®, Section 078100 Applied Fireproofing (AIA)
- MasterFormat® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC,CSI)
- Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00
- Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
- Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00
- Applied Fireproofing (VA)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
- PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM’s)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||MasterSpec® Performance Requirements||CAFCO® 3000 ES|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread: 10 or less
Smoke Developed: 0
|Density||ASTM E605||15 pcf (240 kg/m3)||18 pcf (288 kg/m3)|
|Cohesion / Adhesion (Bond Strength)||ASTM E736||1,000 psf (47.9 kPa)||>1,500 psf (71.8 kPa)|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||1,440 psf (68.9 kPa)||>6,500 psf (311.2 kPa)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||Max. 0.025 g/ft.2||0.000 g/ft.2 (0.000 g/m2)|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days||Zero Growth After 28 days|
*Based on independent laboratory tests under controlled conditions.