CAFCO® 300 is the most innovative, widely specified and used commercial density, Wet Mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) in the world.
CAFCO 300 is a Gypsum- based formulation that offers the most cost effective fire resistance performance per unit thickness of any commercial SFRM in the world.
The thermal performance advantages of CAFCO 300 results in reduced installed costs over any commercial density Wet Spray fire protection material in the industry. It also provides industry leading physical performance and application efficiencies that are unsurpassed.
- Meets or exceeds all major fire protection specifications for Commercial structures including BS476: Parts 20 & 21, EN1338-1: Parts 3 & 4, ANSI/ UL 263, ASTM E119, CAN/ULC-S101.
- Provides up to 4 hour fire resistance ratings.
- Its additional family of products (CAFCO® 300 ES and CAFCO® 300 SB) provides specific benefits such as eliminating the need for daily priming and flushing out of lines, increased physical properties, and easily identified tint for retrofit applications.
- Offers the most cost effective fire resistance performance per unit thickness of any commercial density SFRM in the world.
- Exceeds industry in-place physical performance standards.
- Worldwide manufacturing facilities ensure timely availability.
- Offers LEED building credits for recycled content.
Designed to provide fire protection for up to 4 hour ratings for various floor and roof deck assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists in commercial construction projects
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, CAFCO® 300 has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
- Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL Classification Mark
- Cellulosic – BS476: Part 20: 1987 – Method of Determination of the fire resistance of elements construction & EN 1363-1 – Fire Resistance Tests, General Requirements
- Factory Mutual
- New York City Materials and Equipment Acceptance (MEA)
- International Code Council – Evaluation Service (ICC-ES) Report
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- Major Specification and Approval Compliance
Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 1000°F (537°C) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 2000°F (1093°C) after a period of up to 4 hours.
CAFCO 300 is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with ANSI/ UL263 and is listed within various UL Designs. CAFCO 300 (ISOLATEK Type 300 outside of the Americas) has also been evaluated in accordance with BS476: Part 21: 1987 for periods up to 4 hours on beams and columns which is listed within a Warrington assessment report.
UL Classification Mark
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
Cellulosic – BS476: Part 20: 1987 – Method of Determination of the fire resistance of elements construction & EN 1363-1 – Fire Resistance Tests, General Requirements:
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 1069°F (576°C) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 2107°F (1153°C) after a period of up to 4 hours.
CAFCO 300 has been evaluated in accordance with BS476: Parts 20-21: 1987 & EN 1363-2 for periods up to 4 hours on beams and columns which is listed within a Warrington assessment report.
New York City Materials and Equipment Acceptance (MEA)
An MEA Number is the number assigned to a product that has been approved for use in New York City by the MEA Division. CAFCO 300 has been reviewed and MEA numbers have been assigned.
The MEA division regulates “certain materials and equipment (that) require Department of Buildings acceptance.” These manufactured items affect public safety, health and welfare (including structural stability and fire safety) and are usually a permanent part of a building.
CERTIFIRE is an independent third party certification that assures quality, performance, dependability and traceability of fire protection products. It is an internationally respected mark of fire safety and one of the most authoritative in the industry that is recognized by regulatory authorities worldwide.
In choosing a product that carries the mark of a reputable third-party certification body gives assurances as to the performance of the product. ISOLATEK Type 300 (CAFCO 300 in the Americas) carries this marking and is listed under Certifire Approval No. CF 768.
CE Declaration of Conformity
The CE marking is a key indicator of ISOLATEK Type 300’s (CAFCO 300 in the Americas) product’s compliance with EU legislation and enables the free movement of products within the European market.
Major Specification and Approval Compliance
CAFCO 300 complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- General Services Administration (GSA): AIA/SC/GSA:07811
- Department of the Navy NAVFACENGCOM Guide Specification NFGS 07810, Sprayed-On Fireproofing
- Veterans Administration (VA): H-08-1
- U.S. ARMY Corps of Engineers CEGS-07811
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Regulation 40
- Construction Specification Canada (CSC) TEK-AID
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM’s)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||AIA MasterSpec/GSA Performance Requirements||CAFCO® 300|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread: 10 or less
Smoke Developed: 0
|Density||ASTM E605||15 pcf (240 kg/m3)||15 pcf (240 kg/m3)|
|Cohesion / Adhesion (Bond Strength)||ASTM E736||150 psf (7.2 kPa)||406 psf (19.4 kPa)|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||750 psf (35.9 kPa)||3311 psf (158.5 kPa)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||Max. 0.025 g/ft.2||0.000 g/ft.2 (0.000 g/m2)|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days||Zero Growth After 28 days|
|Cone Calorimeter||ASTM E1354||No Flaming or Heat Release||No Flaming or Heat Release|
|Sound Absorption||ASTM C423||0.50 NRC 1″ (25mm) on deck and beam|
|Thermal Properties||ASTM C518||Conductivity[k] – 0.54 BTU in/hr ft2 oF @ 75oF
(0.078 W/mK @ 25oC)Resistance [R/inch]-1.85
*Based on independent laboratory tests under controlled conditions.